SGC staff and consultants have extensive experience supervising and conducting geophysical surveys around the globe. SGC provides niche data acquisition and support services for our clients where on the ground support is required for technically challenging work to achieve the best possible outcomes.
SGC’s niche acquisition group specialise in:
- Orientation and proof-of-concept surveys that require testing and tuning of survey specifications and parameters
- Data acquisition for projects that require flexibility and experience resulting from complex logistics and technical challenges
- Surveys in which on-the-fly interpretation is required from an experienced geophysicist
- Small surveys and test areas
- Testing of multiple survey techniques and methods side–by-side
- Petrophysical logging and data collection in support of reconnaissance geophysical surveys
- Support for the development and evaluation of new technologies and survey methods
- Sourcing equipment and training of survey crews for clients who are looking to develop their own in-house capabilities
SGC has completed numerous surveys and training in Australia and around the world, including Africa, Europe, South America and South East Asia. All carried out to the highest safety standards using different surface and borehole survey techniques for minerals exploration, engineering, environmental and hydrogeological applications.
SGC’s niche acquisition crews are staffed by suitably qualified and experienced geophysicists who can determine the best approach to achieving optimal outcomes under local conditions. The niche acquisition crew will work with on-site geologists and other geoscientists so they might understand the outcomes and limitations of the various survey techniques and how they would be best integrated with other datasets to add value to the project.
Previous work carried out by SGC niche acquisition includes:
- High resolution ground magnetics for mapping structure with lode gold mineralisation
- Investigation of palaeochannels using GPR (ground penetrating radar)
- Downhole EM directly targeting sulphide-rich narrow gold veins
- Mapping heavy mineral beach sands utilising ground radiometrics and ground magnetics
- Mapping palaeochannels for ground water purposes using high resolution surface EM
- Direct targeting of massive nickel copper sulphides using surface and borehole EM techniques
- Mapping graphite through ground EM, fixed loop and moving loop
- Training and supervision of client in-house geophysics acquisition crews