Southern Geoscience Consultants are looking for an experienced Principal Geophysicist to join our Dynamic Perth Team
Southern Geoscience Consultants (SGC) is one of the largest geophysical consultancies in the world, providing leading edge geophysical and geoscience solutions to clients across the mineral and petroleum industries. We work with all types of airborne, surface and downhole geophysical/geoscientific data.
Our large and varied client base provides our staff with the opportunity to work with a diverse array of geophysical methods, data types and geological problems, providing an environment in which to expand their skills supported by a team of highly experienced Principal and Senior Consulting Geophysicists. The position is based in Belmont (Perth), Western Australia.
We are looking for an experienced Principal Geophysicist to support our business growth. To apply you will need to demonstrate that you meet the following requirements and have experience with:
- The design and supervision of geophysical surveys
- QC of geophysical survey data
- Geophysical data processing and imaging
- Geophysical data modelling and interpretation for a range of geophysical techniques
- Good knowledge of, and experience in, diverse mineralisation styles and commodities
- Client liaison
- Report writing
- Field acquisition or exploration company experience would be an advantage
Depending on the skills and experience of the applicant, they may be requested to perform specific tasks in some of the following areas;
- Design and management of exploration programs
- Software development, testing and evaluation (both commercial and in-house packages)
- Development of, and participation in, company management systems such as marketing and product services
- Generation of case studies and technical presentations for conferences and marketing purposes
- On-site supervision and/or training of field survey crews
- Repairs, testing and management of the SGC geophysical equipment rental pool
The applicant will be expected to;
- Provide technical guidance and support to SGC and client teams where possible
- Build technical knowledge and keep up to date with new techniques/methods and share knowledge with other Geophysicists
- Represent SGC at industry meetings, conferences and events and actively network with industry personnel and promote SGC services and products
- Build and maintain good working relationships with others
We offer an attractive package and an enjoyable and family friendly work environment.
Interested applicants should forward their resume including details of professional references together with a covering letter that addresses the requirements stated above to email@example.com. All applications will be acknowledged and treated as strictly confidential.