Southern Geoscience Consultants (SGC) is a specialist group of geoscientists focused on providing the highest quality integrated geophysical solutions to the resource industry. Our technical team is one of the largest groups of geophysicists globally with extensive experience throughout Asia Pacific, Africa, the Americas, and Europe, as well as the Middle East and Russia.
SGC are seeking a Geophysical Field Assistant to join our Field Services Team on a casual basis. This position involves working in either a 2-4 person crews in remote areas carrying out geophysical surveys within WA and interstate. The successful applicant will adhere to safety policies, ability to work with little supervision, and an ability to get on with your team are critical. On the job training is provided for all SGC employees.
Experience in the following is considered highly desirable:
- Remote area working and or camping experience
- Physically fit, enjoy working outdoors and a willingness to work in remote locations
- Must be able to work well as a team
- High regard for safety
- Unrestricted C Class Manual Drivers Licenses
- Able to pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
- First Aid Certificate
- Handheld GPS knowledge
- 4×4 driving experience
- ATV or Quad Bike experience
Candidates must be based in WA and are available to commence immediately. If this job opportunity sounds ideal please send a brief resume and cover letter.